Every child deserves a great start...
Tara Hill Montessori School, founded in 1994, creates an enriched environment so children are inspired to reach their highest potential using the Montessori philosophy of education. This fosters a strong sense of community and respect for self, others, and the environment, which builds a strong academic foundation for a lifetime of learning.
A Montessori environment is a community in miniature. The children are expected to follow the rules established in that community. This is not always an easy task for a pre-schooler. At this age, children believe that they are the center of the universe and everything revolves around their wishes and whims. When they enter the Montessori environment, they quickly discover that they have to sublimate their wants and desires to those of the larger group. In this way, they begin learning the important lessons of self-control, sharing, and good citizenship.
Give your child the opportunity to say: "I CAN DO IT MYSELF."
Tara Hill Montessori’s Goals:
- Independence - Children will learn to work by themselves without constant adult supervision. Everyday functions like fastening clothes and shoe tying are accomplished.
- Concentration - Your child's attention span will develop, fostering good study habits.
- Coordination - Exercises that strengthen your child's hand for writing and train the eye for reading are provided.
- Order - The environment is based on order. Order leads to logical thinking for future math concepts, problem solving, and decision making.
- Socialization - A natural environment encouraging children to meet, interact, and make friends.
- Academic Growth - Your child is encouraged to learn to read, write, and form math concepts.
- Emotional Stability - Your child will develop a positive self-concept and view of education.
- Self-Control - Children develop inner discipline and become responsible for their own actions.
Tara Hill Montessori School shares the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori who believed in providing the children with an environment rich in opportunities to grow spiritually, mentally, and socially. Having a great desire to learn and explore the environment, the child becomes, to a large extent, her own teacher.
Children bring great enthusiasm and concentration to each activity they do. Tara Hill Montessori understands that children do not learn through abstractions, as adults do, but learn by touching, tasting, and feeling everything they can. We support this learning process with a series of activities, graduated in difficulty. This approach leads each child to greater and greater success.
All the teachers at Tara Hill Montessori School have Montessori training from either Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) or the American Montessori Society (AMS).
The purpose of Montessori education at Tara Hill Montessori School is to aid children in their own natural development, which includes physical, emotional, and cognitive skills necessary for becoming an effective contributing member of society. Before making an intelligent choice about what they are to do with their lives and how to succeed in our culture, children need to know how culture evolves. This learning is achieved in a joyful process that reflects the pleasure of learning.